What is an Electrical Safety Certificate?
An Electrical Safety Certificate, also known as an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is a document issued by an electrician to certify that all electrical circuitry and accessories in a property is in an acceptable condition for continued use by the property owner or tenant
From July 2020 it will be a legal requirement for all rental properties in the UK private rented sector to have valid Electrical Safety Certificate.
Once instructed we will carry out the necessary inspection to issue the certificate, checking all aspects of your properties electrical safety, including:
- Discovery of any potential safety risks
- Reveal any poor electrical work
- Show if any of electrical circuits or equipment (such as extension cords) are overloaded
- Establish if earthing and bonding measures have been carried out adequately
- Check that equipment can be appropriately serviced
- Determine the extent of any damage or wear and tear
The outcome from the Inspection Report will establish the overall condition of all the electrics and tell you whether it is satisfactory for continued use and will detail any work that might need to be done; this will be graded upon importance.
We are committed to providing landlords an unbiased report of the condition of any installation we work on. We will recommend any remedial works that are required and will happily carry these out after discussion and consultation with the client.